[App_rpt-users] Fwd: echolink

John Rudolph- N2YP John at n2yp.com
Fri Jul 20 20:03:06 UTC 2018

-------- Original Message --------
From: Doug Crompton <wa3dsp at gmail.com>
Sent: July 20, 2018 1:26:37 AM EDT
To: John Rudolph- N2YP <John at n2yp.com>
Subject: echolink

John,

 I just wanted to let you know there are significant bugs in both allstar
and in particular the echolink channel driver that have been corrected in
the hamvoip release. You would experience many crashes over time in ASL
with Echolink. Not sure why you are using ASL but wanted to make you aware
that little if anything has been done on that code in over 4 years. In
contrast the hamvoip code has gone through a tremendous change over that
time period. It is extremely stable now includes IRLP and many other
enhancements. There have been over 100 updates in the last year alone and
all online, no need to reprogram anything. Of course at the moment it runs
on a Pi which should be adequate for all but the most extreme applications.
We have hubs with 50 or more users, Echolink, and IRLP running on Pi's. We
will have a PC version soon. Right now hamvoip is about 70% of the Allstar
market and growing.

hamvoip.org

*73 Doug*

*WA3DSP*