[App_rpt-users] Squelch Tail Crash Elimination

Steve Mahler kizzy at lusfiber.net
Wed Jun 6 14:41:07 UTC 2018

Are you using AllStar to generate the TX PL tone??  If so, there is a
setting to turn the PL off before the TX.  If the user radio has a PL
decode set and the it responds quickly, the user radio will mute before
the repeater TX drops. (Seems to work here, YMMV).

txtoctype = notone      ; Transmit tone control type: no,phase,notone
                         ; no - CTCSS tone encoding with no hang time
                         ; phase - encode CTCSS and reverse phase
                         ; AKA ("reverse burst") before unkeying TX
                         ; notone - encode CTCSS and stop sending tone
before unkeying TX
                         ; AKA ("chicken burst")

...STeve - KF5VH