[App_rpt-users] installing allstarlink

Mike mm at midnighteng.com
Tue Jun 26 04:58:00 UTC 2018

Well,

I am not sure what you are using for hardware and what versions of
software as you did not say.

SO here is my advise for anyone.

Make the box work 'headless', meaning without the radios in the setup fray.

Use this setting by un/commenting the following lines as shown here in
your rpt.cong file so you are using dahdi/pseudo and not radio interfaces.

rxchannel = dahdi/pseudo            ; No radio (hub) ******************
; rxchannel = SimpleUSB/usb_29999    ; SimpleUSB
; rxchannel = Pi/1                      ; Raspberry Pi PiTA
; rxchannel = Radio/usb_29999        ; USBRadio (DSP)
; rxchannel = Dahdi/1            ; PCI Quad card
; rxchannel = Beagle/1            ; BeagleBoard
; rxchannel = USRP/127.0.0.1:34001:32001; GNU Radio interface USRP

duplex = 2                              ; 0 = Half duplex with no
telemetry tones or hang time.

Then setup iaxrpt to run with that node so you can check it for
functionality of a running asterisk install without the radio side of
the equation.

You will have to read some more of the docs most likely to get this far,
but once you do, you are most of the way there.

You should be able to 'command' your node with functionality before
adding radios to your learning curve.

But you will need to ask 'specific questions' to what you do not
understand to get help.

...mike/kb8jnm