[App_rpt-users] Upgrade to v1.5 not Working

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Sat Jun 30 15:47:56 UTC 2018

On 6/30/18 11:30 AM, Jim Korenz wrote:
> Hi All, I'm doing an "easy" upgrade from v1.1 to ver 1.5
> Allstar on an PI 2. The "old" system was working fine.
> OK, now the "new" system. I changed the root password,
> but can't login with it.

Jim,

These version numbers imply you are using HamVOIP, which is pirated software.

We're able to help with AllStar Linux (debian based), Dial, the older centos
versions, and even if you're compiling from source.  All these distributions
are based on Free Software and open source code, and we actively encourage
people to change it.

HamVOIP has taken the core code from AllStar and refuses to release their
changes, in violation of the license they have been granted.  As such they
have no right to continue distribution of it, and it is pirated software.

I'd encourage you to run a supported system, where you can be sure there's no
any nefarious software running in the background.

The newest images can be found here:
https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Main_Page under downloads.

73's
--