[App_rpt-users] MRS2000 interface for AllStar ???

mike at midnighteng.com mike at midnighteng.com
Sat Mar 3 21:29:41 UTC 2018

Well Gervais,
You are in the right place for help with allstar and app-rpt.

What you do and how you do it is not entirely written in stone.
Lots of dependencies on what you have to work with and any site /
hardware limitations.

Sp  your first step is probably reading, and lots of it so you can
make the right decisions for your install from the beginning.

This link may help get you started so you are asking the right
questions anyway...

http://docs.allstarlink.org/drupal/

Since the last time I have responded to this same question, some time
ago, a lot has changed.
Many flavors of computer hardware are supported including raspberry
pi.
I don't wish to advise you on what you should use but if I were you
starting out, I think I would experiment a bit with a old PC running
at 2ghz and 2gb ram
with the ACID software found at allstarlink.org
get to know the in's and out's before leaping into unfamiliar hardware
that might add to the learning pain.

You might state to the group what you intend to do with the system...
ie remote mountain repeater or wide area voted system
and perhaps someone will pick it up from there.

Anyway, this is the place to ask questions to your problems.
Plenty of guys read this daily.

73 for now,

...mike/kb8jnm