[App_rpt-users] MRS2000 interface for AllStar ???

Jesse Lloyd ve7lyd at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 21:32:23 UTC 2018

To interface it you'll need to make a cable and solder it to some pick off
points.

Attached is the drawing I made when wiring MSR2000's to controllers.

All you need is an A&S (Audio and Squelch) card and a Station Control
card.  I don't use the "squelch card", as the squelch in the A&S card is
superior.

I like pin 8 on the A&S card for discriminator audio, pin 17 for muted
de-emphasised audio
Pin 20 on the A&S for COS (active hi). I typically soldered on a PNP
transistor in the A&S card and pulled an open collector out to pin 5 for an
active low COS line.

Tx audio is on pin 11 of the squelch card.
PTT (active low) is pin 7 of the Station Control Card.

Cheers,
Jesse