[App_rpt-users] DIAL install on Virtual Box

Jason Kendall ve3yca at ve3yca.com
Thu Mar 22 19:36:34 UTC 2018

Thanks Steve,

Sorry, probably bad words.

Yeah, I started with the Dial build stack, then moved to the AllStarLink
Asterisk (ASL*?) repositories once I found how to add the repos to base
Debian. This is what's running on our repeater site now and works super
well.

As for docker, I can (and probably will) build Dockerfiles for the built
out - it's simple enough. Where the problem comes in (which I realized
much after our initial conversation about the idea months ago) is
ensuring the DAHDI kernel driver is installed on the host for the
correct kernel version.

I'll probably start playing with this in the coming weeks.

Cheers,