[App_rpt-users] Wireless issues on new install

KB7YS-Stacey kb7ys_sk-asl at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 19:53:17 UTC 2018

Final issue I will bring up for a while (I hope, but can't promise):
On the Acer Aspire One I installed on I added the wlan adapter to the interfaces file:

# wireless adapter with dhcp
auto wlp2s0
iface wlp2s0 inet dhcp
    wpa-ssid myssid
    wpa-key-mgmt WPA-PSK
    wpa-group TKIP CCMP
    wpa-psk mypasskey

After doing this I ran across the script in the asl-menu for setting up wireless and ran it - it looked like it added info to the wpa.supplicant (I verified it's all info was correct).

Ok, so here is the issue - the wlan connects and gets proper addresses and dns - I can ping anything and get responses, I can ssh to other systems on my network, there seems to be no problem with bi-directional communications *if* originated from the system. The same cannot be said for incoming - no ping response, no ssh, apparently nothing connects when coming in.

I don't think it's an issue with the adapter or driver, also it was working (after manually adding to interfaces) on the previous image. I am not sure where to start but hoping someone can help direct my focus and efforts.
Thanks again!Stacey - KB7YS