[App_rpt-users] Voice ID Audio Nodes List

Mike mm at midnighteng.com
Sat May 12 16:55:43 UTC 2018

Cheers to all...

Some time ago, there were a few folks who shared a directory on their
web server to update voice node ID's as a way to exchange between us,
for those that recorded a voice id for there node identifier.

( i.e. "the w a n hub" for node 2135  or "U K HUB" for 27066 )

Some of you know exactly what I'm speaking to while others will be
completely lost, I understand.

But while I was reviewing my scripts in doing a weekly update of new
nodes from the server I had, I found what I was using no longer existed
and probably has not for some time. I find them attractive if they are
done right. Keeping the time to announce shorter while giving more
precise info about node location/band.

So my question is, is anyone doing such a think now, and if so,
who/where/details.

And if there is more than one, perhaps updating that share between them
weekly would be in order to propagate changes so that we are not all
relying on just one in the event something happens. I have security
issues from time to time as I'm sure others do, so 3 of them make sense
to me.

I have a interest in keeping this going so if they are all gone, I'm
willing to open a directory on one of my VPS servers for that, and/or
exchange with others so it is well stored and propagated.

All in all, we probably should issue a standard script for those that
want to do such a thing (willing to share my sample). But for now, let's
see where we are on this. Perhaps I'm just out of date with changes that
have been going on.

Any info ? I'm sure it would enlighten the group as well as myself.

Thanks,

...mike/kb8jnm