[App_rpt-users] Voice ID Audio Nodes List

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Sat May 12 17:07:55 UTC 2018

On 5/12/18 12:55 PM, Mike wrote:
> So my question is, is anyone doing such a think now, and if so,
> who/where/details.
>
> And if there is more than one, perhaps updating that share between them
> weekly would be in order to propagate changes so that we are not all
> relying on just one in the event something happens. I have security
> issues from time to time as I'm sure others do, so 3 of them make sense
> to me.
>
> I have a interest in keeping this going so if they are all gone, I'm
> willing to open a directory on one of my VPS servers for that, and/or
> exchange with others so it is well stored and propagated.

No need, the system will rsync node announcements about once per day from the
main reg server.

The main issue with this was finding someone willing to review the files and
confirm they work.  I've done this for people when asked, but I'm not going to
edit or convert files.  I can't tell you the number of times I've been sent a
30 second wav file and people expected it to work. I'd love an automated
process, but there's not really a good way to do it.

Check out node 40821 announcement for a good example (tooting my own horn),
but it should be short (7-10s), have the node number and be normalized with
clear audio.  I know mine took some time in audacity to get just right.

Would you be willing to help out with being the reviewer of these?
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
http://bryanfields.net