[App_rpt-users] Kernel Headers for RaspberryPi Stretch Image

Mike Besemer mwbesemer at cox.net
Thu May 24 21:30:38 UTC 2018

Got the Raspbian Stretch image installed to my Pi 3B and followed the
directions (below) from the readme file at:
<http://dvswitch.org/files/ASL_Images/Raspberry_Pi/Stretch/2018-03-13-raspbi
an-stretch.readme>:

"This is the last Raspbian Stretch version that supports OSS which is
required for AllStarLink. When Raspbian installs the kernel headers, again
required for AllStarLink, it installs the latest, NOT the kernel headers for
the running kernel.

To add the proper kernel headers to the Stretch image, you should do the
following as root:

cd /tmp
wget
http://dvswitch.org/files/ASL_Images/Raspberry_Pi/Stretch/raspberrypi-kernel
-headers_1.20171029-1_armhf.deb
dpkg -i raspberrypi-kernel-headers_1.20171029-1_armhf.deb

Once this completes:
apt-mark hold raspberrypi-kernel-headers raspberrypi-kernel
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade -y

 reboot"

All of this seemed to go as expected, but when I rebooted, I received a
notice that the latest image had been installed.  Did that just undo the
changes I made above?  If so, how do I prevent that from happening?

Sorry, I'm not a Linux guy; just trying to muddle through.

73,

Mike
WM4B