[App_rpt-users] Connection issues with new ASL hub

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Wed Nov 7 21:09:23 UTC 2018

On 11/7/18 3:52 PM, Bob Pyke wrote:
> I have a new ASL node on a Pi3. I can us iaxrpt to connect to other nodes,
> but it does not accept an external connection. Both the external and my new
> node are reporting external node list. I have not figured it out. It works
> when connected to another node.

Ok, how is your node connected?  Is there a NAT device in the way between your
node and 174.85.220.36?

You will need for forward UDP 4569 from 174.85.220.36 to what ever the NAT'd
IP is if that's the case.

But I really think the issue is your nodes list, I've checked and I do see
174.85.220.36 pulling the extnodes file every 3 or 4 minutes.

> Oh, one more thing. The other node is on DIAL... not sure that should make
> a difference.

It shouldn't.  There is little difference between the underlying protocols of
AllStar, There are still Limey Linux based nodes on the network from 2004
working.

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice