[App_rpt-users] Allstar node Scheduler Help

Steve Thompson steve.n7tx at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 19:22:38 UTC 2018

I’ve recently created a new Allstar node, and I’m working my way through some issues. One issue is that every hour, on the hour, the node transmits a dead carrier for 3 minutes, then there’s a CW message telling me it’s a timeout. Then the node unkeys.

Very early on in the process of bringing my new node alive, the node was transmitting the time (in voice) at the top of the hour. So I have to believe this was the same process which is now working incorrectly. And perhaps I did something at some point to cause it to error out.

I’ve searched through all the conf files in /etc/asterisk and the only reference to any sort of schedule is in rpt.conf.  In the [schedule...] section, the only two lines (which reference a macro to be run on the hour) are both commented out with semi-colons. I did not comment them out. I would think since they are commented out, they’d not be running .. unless there’s something somewhere else triggering this behavior.

Where else can I see what is going on with a schedule? Any thoughts on how to (1) in the short term, disable this scheduled event, and (2) in the long term, fix it so that it works properly?

I have an extensive IT background but not much familiarity with Linux OS, so go easy on me.

Steve N7TX