[App_rpt-users] ASL 1.01 Source Code

Tom tom at k5tra.net
Sun Nov 25 00:21:00 UTC 2018

I first want to say a big Thank You to Ken Koster (N7IPB) for his
suggestions. They were the key to getting it to compile.

After the installing various libs like libncurses-dev, libusb-dev,libssl-dev
and libcrypto++-dev to eliminate dependency errors; needed to install the
g++-4.9 compiler (actually version 4.9.3). The standard compiler is gcc
(version 6.3.0). Both are installed; but I need to make it use g++-4.9 by
specifying it with ./configure CXX=g++-4.9 CC=gcc-4.9. Initially that wasn't
working until I did a make clean (to remove previous compile object file
errors). Then I  re-ran ./configure CXX=g++-4.9 CC=gcc-4.9, followed by
make. That worked! Then make install.

'Hope this helps others fighting the same problem.

Tom / K5TRA