[App_rpt-users] asl-menu Bug and proposed fix to option 3 Run Radio-tune-menu not working / high frequency noise - fixed / DTMF 3 not working - fixed

edbathgate at zoominternet.net edbathgate at zoominternet.net
Mon Oct 15 15:42:29 UTC 2018

Hi folks

I've been tinkering under the hood with my new 20180417 version allstar repeater, downloaded and installed last week, and figured out why asl-menu option 3 Run Radio-tune-menu for USBradio configuration is not working on my setup.

In my rpt.conf file my command has "rxchannel = Radio/usb_29966". Most the rxchannel = Something is Capitalized in the first letter and
the asl-menu is looking for "radio", not "Radio" < the capital R is throwing it off.

First of all, My hat is off to N8THN for crafting such a nifty menu shell! Just elegant!!
My proposed fix is in /usr/local/sbin/asl-menu
nano the file and find line
grep '^rxchannel[ \t]*=[ \t]*radio' $CONFIGS/rpt.conf > /dev/null
flag grep to case insensitive by adding the -i option.
grep -i '^rxchannel[ \t]*=[ \t]*radio' $CONFIGS/rpt.conf > /dev/null
And the menu will work for Radio or radio.

And using the hamtronics rx board with direct discriminator feed to the USB FOB, fixed the "not enough high frequency noise" during radio tune rxnoise command, and also corrected my DTMF 3 not decoding problem that I was seeing last week using de-emphasized HT speaker audio.

73
Ed N3SDO