[App_rpt-users] Assistance with Radio Operation

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sun Oct 21 18:55:21 UTC 2018

Marty,

simpleusb and usbradio only work with CM108/CM119 compatible sound cards.
These drivers don't support the TI PCM2912 chipset, as seen in your
earlier screenshot.

Note that COS/PTT must be attached to specific pins on the CMxyz sound
device for signaling to work.

There is lots of documentation out there about how the CMxyz device is
attached to the radio. There are many compatible commercial boards
available, including the DMK URIx, Masters Communications RA35/RA40,
Repeater Builder USB-RIM, etc.

You can also build your own and many other alternative CMxyz adapters have
been designed/built by other hams and are available, too. Here is a link
to one of many examples of building an interface:

https://www.hamvoip.org/hamradio/usb_fob_modification/

73, David KB4FXC