[App_rpt-users] dtmf to script not working for me. FIXED

edbathgate at zoominternet.net edbathgate at zoominternet.net
Thu Oct 25 17:50:41 UTC 2018

Bryan, Nate, Mark, Thanks for the help!   Yep, the lack of a path preceding the timestamp file was my problem!
I found an /asd.dat file in the root directory that had a bunch of entries in it!  The DTMF to script line was working days ago, but the script was putting the data where I was not looking.  I also found one in /root/asd.dat

> 714 = cmd,/etc/asterisk/ab.sh   ; has been putting date-time in /asd.dat, not /etc/asterisk/ast.dat

I also found that when I ran it from CLI> !/etc/asterisk/ab.sh   ; it was putting the stamps in /root/asd.dat.

CLI> !pwd     returns /root.

But the script worked when I was linux prompt and #cd /etc/asterisk   then #./ab.sh  ;because I was in that working directory... now it all makes sense!

THE SKY OPENED UP, THE SUN SHOWN FROM ABOVE, ANGELS SANG!  I SEE THE LIGHT!

The corrected version of the test script:
>/etc/asterisk$ cat script: ab.sh
> #!/bin/bash
> echo 1234
> date