[App_rpt-users] Way to disable registration via dtmf then enable when needed?

Loren Tedford loren at lorentedford.com
Tue Sep 11 23:04:45 UTC 2018

Hello!! So sorry for no updates on my prior posts! You all have been
extremely helpful and i have been able to resolve my port issues along
with some other odd things i had missed in my rpt.conf files at the
repeater site..

However here is my problem I have 10 gigs to work with month after month
at the repeater site and I made the mistake after putting the system
back online by using ulaw and it ate about 1 gig a day in data alone
including the vpn traffic.. Now i have the system up and at the moment i
am eating about 50mb a day with registration turned on to allstarlink
however i was wondering if there is a way to disable registration or
possibly fake back end to another node on my web server which then in
turn would handle the data via pass through dtmf of some sort when
needing to connect to a node via rf on either repeater.

In the past on gsm i typically only use about 8 gigs a month of data
however after coming close to going over my data plans at the site 400
mb left till tomorrow i am wondering what other steps i can do when
things get crazy but yet still leave my vpn in place if possible.. Also
i did notice that my system went into a constant loop after boot up
because the vpn hadn't connected i would like to solve this issue as
well not sure what is causing it and i know its not a typical setup. We
are located in an area where internet is very difficult and using 4glte
with external antennas to bring internet into our two repeaters here in
Olney.