[App_rpt-users] App_rpt-users Politics

Jim Aspinwall No1PC no1pc at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 01:37:13 UTC 2018

 Tim,

Thank you for this difficult/challenging/challenged response.

Of all the things amid the demand of *strict private dialog...* (like, what are you going to do, sue me for making email in MY Inbox public?) from HamVoIP, after getting past the rhetoric, what struck me most and remains a curiosity, is their claim that they created "apt rpt" code 3 years before others did or stole theirs, or whatever.

The genesis of Asterisk and it's implementations certainly NOT in question.

So, maybe further revelation may or may not help... but the question is out there or by this I'm putting it there - stirring the pot - who/what/when/where... is/was the first application of Asterisk to radio interfacing?

HamVoIP branding and "market penetration" speak suggests something less than benevolent, and their creative alternatives/options for some aspects of the scheme... fine - depart from rather than collaborate toward improvements of the WHOLE of the AllStar system.

Amateur radio has NO room for the 'bitchiness' of X- vs Y- , etc.

Let's connect and communicate.

All due respect and appreciation for this.  Carry on!