[App_rpt-users] Audio dropouts

Pierre Martel petem001 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 20:14:51 UTC 2018

Lots of people complaining about audio drop are in fact getting false dtmf
detection when dtmf is detected app-rpt will prevent the dtmf to be
repeated on the iax trunk and on the audio out line. If its the case check
the input levels.there is also a radiorelax option that I remember can do a
difference.

Best way to know if you suffer from packet drop is to connect the node to a
busy net and listen to rf audio and the iax links. Since the network will
be tested inbound, from the busy node feed, and tested oubound from the
local iax link to your computer, you will also know if it is the up or
downlink to the node that is a problem.

If both audio have drop, could be the uplink or node that have a problem,
if the rf audio drop and iax trunk is ok, you are overloading your radio
input and there is a level cutoff that come in, if you have no rf drop but
iax link have drops, your node is ok, but the downlink is at fault...

Hope this helped

Ve2pf