[App_rpt-users] Audio dropouts

TGundo 2003 tgundo2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 05:33:30 UTC 2018

I recently updated my node to a Pi b3+ because I was having audio dropout issues and we suspected it was a resource issue with the pi.
Did some testing tonight, seemed better, had a little dropout but nothing like it was. I have a pretty stretched internet connection as I live in the farm fields, so we figured it was just a bandwidth issue on my connection.
Later tonight as I did more testing I monitored with an IAX client. I get the same dropouts on it just on the local LAN.
This was the results of my Ping test internally from the Pi to a local managed switch was this:

202 packets transmitted, 202 received, 0% packet loss, time 211498ms

I'm not seeing an issue with the internal network. I'm wondering what else it may be, and/or if there is a scientific way to pinpoint the trouble.I'm using Repeater Builder USB RIM Lite for interfacing my Pi to the S-Com7330.
Any thoughts welcome!
Thanks!Tom