[App_rpt-users] remote base question

George Csahanin george at dyb.com
Fri Apr 19 04:33:50 UTC 2019

I just resurrected my remote base allstar PC, hooked it to my
FT-857(same commands as FT897) and I can connect to it, I can control
it, read frequencies, etc. But what doesn't work is COS from the remote
base radio to indicate signal. The client's repeater stays keyed. Until
I send "#" to disconnect the remote command. Maybe I just don't remember
right but I recall the remote acting on COS. I have modified the FT-857
to have Micom-like squelch which would make the remote really neat on hf
where the users's repeater would not be keyed continuously.

Am I remembering incorrectly or is something wrong here?

And if it doesn't detect COS from the remote base radio can that be
added. I have a great voice detection board I made up for the FT-897/857.

Thanks
GeorgeC W2DB remote 2428, 927 40089, 440 2360, other 28599

---
https://www.avg.com