[App_rpt-users] NON- C-media Sound card and Pi GPIO

Mike mm at midnighteng.com
Sun Apr 21 23:08:58 UTC 2019

Sure would be great... you working on it ?

You have plenty of i/o options with a parallel port. Built-in to app_rpt
as one of it's standards. Been there a very long time. Changed a little
bit about 10 years ago.

And you can test logic outputs via commands. No need to re-invent the
wheel for little benefit.

if you want  those avenues on the small, low power and cheap,

I would suggest as I did before in this mail list over 4 years ago when
everyone was headed to the Pi and BBB and give a Intel board a try.

D2700MUD mini-itx  Intel ATOM

fanless 2.13mhz up to 4gb ram and has parallel port that can make all
your cos/ptt for 4 nodes, no problem without hacking your usb dongle.

Simply use the parallel port for all your switching logic (needs
buffered).  I put the needed pp info in the wiki but it may need some
additional to be complete. Enough there to make it work. You have 4
inputs and 8 outputs as declared in app_rpt.

find a used one on ebay... this one $25 add a 12v itx power supply if
you need that. You will need to buy ram.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-D2700MUD-Motherboard-G32419-504-With-Intel-Atom-D2700-2-13GHz-CPU/153419665430?hash=item23b8865016:g:4rwAAOSw0KdcjtKr

Been using them for many years. Going to make my 5yr old spare a
radioless mobile with a touch screen after failing to cram all the junk
I wish to use into a pi. Just have not got around to it yet. Wrong time
of year to get started on it as well. Going to control things in and on
the car as well. Perhaps when I am seeking air conditioning.... LOL

If that can't solve your i/o issues, you are going to have to go out on
your own or hope/wait till someone else does. But this changes often
enough that I don't like to sink that much time into it anymore. Only
for what I want to do. The next unknown changes can make all of your
work wasted or a constant battle to re-work.

...mike/kb8jnm