[App_rpt-users] Is this list back?

Tony Langdon vk3jed at vkradio.com
Thu Dec 26 08:24:24 UTC 2019

On 26/12/19 12:07, k6kya radio wrote:
> I get an email when there is a new message on discourse.    In fact
> the last one I got was about this list being online again.  I can see
> the benefits of either way, but not both.
For some of us, notification emails are of limited use, because you
still have to go to the forum to interact.  But at least with Discourse,
there's mailing list functionality.  Just have to see how well it works
in practice.

I see this all the time, where people assume that email notifications
from a forum are as good as a mailing list.  They are not, and are
nowhere near anything the same.

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com