[App_rpt-users] GMRS linked Repeater network using HAMVoIP

Kirk Just Kirk wb6egr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 20:31:13 UTC 2019

Here is a MAJOR problem....
"GMRS" is a SHARED channel.Each station is to LISTEN in carrier squelch
before transmitting. Since this transmission does not extend over the VoIP
circuit, distant stations can transmit on top of other local stations, not
knowing they are on the channel.To be fully compliant, each GMRS node would
have to listen on the channel for activity BEFORE keying up!
All it would take is a written complaint against a linked GMRS machine to
result in a violation, a NAL and a cease and desist letter.
Inn reality, GMRS does not need distant linking to fulfill it's purpose. I
know the "Preppers" and "Save the world" types are going to disagree....but
thats the way it is.