[App_rpt-users] GMRS linked Repeater network using HAMVoIP

Joe Leikhim rhyolite at leikhim.com
Wed Feb 13 03:23:49 UTC 2019

It does seem the most stubborn bunch get busted. They get a nice
friendly warning and then go bigger.  The FCC does not like being lied
to. That will get you NAL'd right away.

I saw a beat up van in traffic in my neighborhood here in Central
Florida. It caught my eye for all the various stickers on it. So I
google it and it is owned by a Haitian businessman in south Florida who
was busted repeatedly for running a quasi commercial pirate station.
What he was doing up here I have no idea, probably there is another
illegal station here. I need to tune in.

When I lived in Miami I had a Haitian guy calling me all the time
wanting to build a legal LPFM station near the Miami Airport. I did a
pro bono study for him and found only a low power slot in Homestead
ideal for Mexican demographic, but not in right place for the Haitians.
Still he called all the time, somebody told him I could work magic or
something. Nice, but no.