[App_rpt-users] ALSA sound device and GPIO TX on OrangePI.

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Tue Jan 8 10:39:35 UTC 2019

Hi Everyone,
I’ve just started looking at Allstar, or more specifically Asterisk and app_rpt as a possible way to link several repeaters in our area together.

Our hardware guy wants to use the OrangePi Zero as each repeater node and I’ve got Asterisk installed via the Allstarlink repo as per the FAQ on the wiki and Asterisk is running (on Armbian Stretch).

The hardware guy also wants to use the onboard sound device on the OrangePI and GPIO pins to do tx/rx switching.  Reading through the somewhat confusing documentation leads me to think this might not be possible.  Is that the case?

Does anyone have anything like this running?

Thanks,

Carl.
(vk1kcm)