[App_rpt-users] ALSA sound device and GPIO TX on OrangePI.

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Tue Jan 8 23:40:42 UTC 2019

Hi Bryan,

> On 9 Jan 2019, at 5:32 am, Bryan Fields <Bryan at bryanfields.net> wrote:
>
> On 1/8/19 5:39 AM, Carl Makin wrote:
>> Our hardware guy wants to use the OrangePi Zero as each repeater node and
>> I’ve got Asterisk installed via the Allstarlink repo as per the FAQ on the
>> wiki and Asterisk is running (on Armbian Stretch).
>
> It the Pi Zero likely doesn't have the CPU to run much, it's why it's not
> suggested as hardware.

It’s the OrangePI Zero, not RaspberryPi Zero.  It’s a 1.2Ghz Allwinner H2+ (A7 Quad core) with 512MB RAM.  It’s pretty close to a RaspberryPI 2 I think.

Regarding the sound, it uses the sunxi sound system, not the Broadcom one, but I’m certainly going to have to investigate it further to see if it will work.

Looking through Github, the channel driver for the Beagleboard looks much like what I want so I might have a play with that.

Thanks!

Carl.
(vk1kcm)