[App_rpt-users] Lies, damn lies, and John David McGough

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Tue Jul 2 22:03:24 UTC 2019

On 7/2/19 4:54 PM, Brad Trogdon wrote:
> Bryan Fields,
>
> Not sure of your beef but from a users perspective having tried both
> AllStar and HamVoIP groups and offerings I have to say hands down the
> HamVoIP group contributes significantly more to the communities in the form
> of product, updates and support.

HamVoIP has contributed nothing to the AllStar community, but has stolen much
from it.  HamVoIP has _no_ right to distribute the AllStar code and is engaged
in criminal copyright infringement against this community.  This is trampling
on the rights of every user and developer here; it's beyond reprehensible.

Do you condone this?

> I have witnessed support to folks whom are using the product in other than
> Amateur applications as well.

Please name and shame them.  Using John David/Inttek code certainly exposes a
commercial entity to action of copyright infringement.  If it's knowingly
using it, it's a crime.

> If the complaint were the first I would think that it’s an anomaly but
> their is a significant number of users complaining about registration and
> inability to connect to others.  Got that you have a tool but does the tool
> provide feedback that is a benefit to those actually having issues
> connecting to others.

There's not a problem with it, no one is complaining, other than John David
McGough.

> I would work on fixing the problem Proactively and not flame others who are
> providing a service to the community at large.

What service is he providing?  What is he contributing if he's unable to abide
by the basic tenets of the community?

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice