[App_rpt-users] Recording your QSO's as an MP3 file

Joshua Nulton kg5ebi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 22:55:11 UTC 2019

I hope you do try it Russell, if you run into hiccups feel free to reach
out. But after watching some your videos I am confident you can pull this
mod off in under 10 minutes. As far as the few questions, I have it running
in two different ways on 2 different servers.

*Server #1* the script runs every 30 seconds by a cron job and the files
are synced to Google Drive, not even hosted on the node server. Since my
Drive account has 500GB of space I don't really need to think about
deleting anything.
*Server #2* the script runs on command only. I run an MQTT server on the
host and a simple button on my phone to send an MQTT message. When the
message trips from 0 (false) to 1 (true) the bash script executes for one
run.

If you are on a system that you are concerned with file space you could
periodically (daily even) run a script that will purge any .mp3 file in
said directory that is beyond XX days old. So in bash form it would look
something like this with 21 being the day count, feel free to modify that
number:

#!/bin/bash
find /var/www/html/library/ -type f -mtime +21 -name '*.mp3' -execdir rm --
'{}' \;
done