[App_rpt-users] Making a node with a baofeng 888s 2018 ver9 radio

Ben Cranston bcranston at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jul 13 15:49:35 UTC 2019

Greetings,
Has anyone come across this “new” variant of the 888s radio?  I’ve been looking over the guide(s) on modifying them for use with AllStar and cannot for the life of me figure out where several of the signals can be picked up..  Here’s an image of the back of the main board in the radio:

I’ve removed the 5 screws on this board but also cannot figure out how to liberate it from the heatsink/RF shield on the bottom of it.  Anyone with some ideas or experience with this variant of the 888?  I’m a bit lost.  The Crompton guide (http://crompton.com/hamradio/baofeng888/ <http://crompton.com/hamradio/baofeng888/>) stops with the 2015 ver7 iteration of this radio.  The little header/through holes used in the guides are not present, or I cannot find them.  Thanks all!

73 KE8CGS