[App_rpt-users] HELP! Trying to compile asterisk

George Csahanin george at dyb.com
Sat Mar 2 02:20:56 UTC 2019

Folks, I'm lost. In the past I'd pull the source from Jim's sorce
repository, and all worked fine. I needed to add something to app_rpt so
pulled the source from github, installed it under /usr/src in my Pi. Got
ncurses installed. go to asterisk/ and run ./configure, it runs, then
make menuselect, it makes the menu and I unselect stuff like beagle that
isn't needed, etc. Then run make in same directory. It runs but get a
failure at "recipe for target 'aelparse' failed...then another fail at
"recipe for target 'utils' failed

What am I doing incorrectly. I've done this lots of times in the past
but these sources have some kind of difference I cannot figure out.

The specific thing I'm changing is the morse speed, I run it up to 30
WPM. The Quantar itself does the 20WPM ID. But I have the asterisk doing
a 30 WPM ID with node number, so I can tell what I'm listening to.

I've been fighting this for hours now and tried re-using sources from my
Limey distro I upgraded a few months ago, that also doesn't run.

Oh, tried running it from one level up but the make choices are for
usbradio, etc but not for simpleusb...
make upgrade           - build and install sources only
make install_pciradio  - build and install sources plus pciradio config
files
make install_usbradio  - build and install sources plus usbradio config
files
make install_wcte11xp  - build and install sources plus single span
wcte11xp config files
make install_wct1xxp   - build and install sources plus single span
t100p config files
make svsrc             - save the sources on the CF as astsrc.tgz
make ast_build_only    - build asterisk only, do not install
make clean             - delete all object files, intermediate files,
and executables

Tried make ast-build-only (BTW, that's labeled incorrectly in .help, it
isn't ast_build_only...its ast-build-only) and it errors on zaptel
("can't cd to zaptel") tried make usbradio too and same zaptel error.

Doing this all as root, so not a permission issue.

Anybody???

Thanks

GeorgeC W2DB

2360