[App_rpt-users] Server won't dial out.

Ray D Congdon kl7ut1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 17:29:34 UTC 2019

I have an odd issue with node 46387 which is my portable simplex "Grab &
Go" Raspberry Pi Server based node.  It worked all summer long while I was
running around doing wildfire comm support, used both my cellphone hotspot
and over Satellite links. Got it out to use in the shack the other day and
it won't dial out (or in)!  Set it up on the same LAN that I have another
server behind and that it worked on last year.  Have no problems with the
other two nodes on the other server on that LAN  (*45882
<http://stats.allstarlink.org/nodeinfo.cgi?node=45882> & 45685
<http://stats.allstarlink.org/nodeinfo.cgi?node=45685>)* and have a unique
port forwarded thru the Router for its Receive but no soap...  Shows up on
the AllStarLink site as active and can see keyups.

One odd symptom is that when monitoring in the Asterisk CLI it indicates
that Asterisk is truncating any node numbers that I dial to a four digit
ID... i.e. I dial *312345 The CLI shows *31234 and will not accept the
fifth digit.  It is not a DTMF decode issue as if I dial a nonsense code
like *512345678 The CLI shows all the digits...??!!

The voice telemetry all works fine and the response even for a four digit
node ID (like *32560) is a long (15-20 second) pause then "Node XXXX Failed
to connect."

Been digging thru all the .conf files and comparing to my other nodes, No
obvious (To me.) differences.

Oh and Yes I've done a full update and I can ping 8.8.8.8 and Google.com
with success.  I'm about to just blow it out and start from scratch.

Thanks in advance.
Ray D. Congdon - KL7UT