[App_rpt-users] Remote Control of PL Decode Frequency in USBRadio

John john.chartkoff at protonmail.com
Sun Mar 10 12:57:54 UTC 2019

Hello to the group,

I am trying to find a way to remotely control PL decode in a Kenwood TS-2000 configured as a remote base.

The problem is that the ACCESSORY 2 connector on the TS-2000 does not expose PL decode - just COR. and the COR goes active any time there is a carrier, even if CTCSS decode is enabled. All the CTCSS feature does is mute the speaker. It has no effect on the COR line.

So I thought I could use the usbradio module to accomplish this, but it only makes sense if I can remotely change the PL decode frequency, and disable it. That way it could be used as a frequency agile repeater control station as well as an HF station.

I was thinking I could modify the usbradio configuration file text and restart asterisk, but that does not seem very elegant.

I have written a Java class that runs on the Hamvoip RPi box, and it works very well as an interface between DTMF from the extensions module and Hamlib's rigctl on the Bash shell. (I can't get rigctld to work, but that is a different issue I will ask for assistance on once I have this working.)

I just need to figure out a clean way to change PL decode frequencies in usbradio - basically from the command line.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

John R. Chartkoff, N1CTF
Columbus, Ohio
Cell: 850-902-1147