[App_rpt-users] USB fob choppy/stuttering audio

Eric Fort eric.fort.listmail at fortconsulting.org
Sun Mar 31 16:49:10 UTC 2019

> On Mar 31, 2019, at 9:08 AM, Bob Pyke <k6ecm1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry, not with ASL. I found it best to let it set it, but I check to make sure. ASL is much better than the original based on CentOS. I’ve had the Linux mix it up, but not had that issue since DIAL and ASL.
>
> As Jim has said many times, “friends don’t let friends do USB” :-)
>
> Thanks,
> Bob
> K6ECM
> 73

I have heard many times of the problems using usb with asterisk and app_rpt. So why does it seem that most everyone has gone this route against the above sage wisdom rather than using something more akin an e&m interface like the pci radio cards Jim designed and built or the interface boards that plugged into an fxs? Port and broke out e&m, providing keying by polarity reversal of the battery voltage. Both solutions work rock solid with no issues. Apparently usb not so much and apparently this is a long standing problem with usb. In thinking about this I’m also curious if the design files for the pci radio interface boards may be available as they’d likely be a good start for an update to a more current interface standard.

Eric
Af6ep