[App_rpt-users] Manually key ASL from command-line

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Thu May 2 22:31:21 UTC 2019

James,

I don't know of any way to tell the application about the presence of
audio without using the COS or CTCSS in simpleusb.  In usbradio, the
application looks for the noise level to drop, and additionally
(optionally) the presence of a PL tone.  Neither of them are going to
exist on a microphone input.  I guess you could use the VOX function,
but that's kind of hokey IMHO.

One thing you could try is swap the operation to the other hardware
input.  Nothing says you need to use the COS hardware input for COS.
You can say "No" in the configuration file for COS and use the CTCSS
input (considering it's not blown up too) but fed from the radio's COS
logic.  Maybe you're lucky and only the COS input is bad.  If not,
you'll need to replace the FOB.

Kevin