[App_rpt-users] Simplex node with RPi and discriminator audio

Marshall Oldham ke6pcv at cal-net.org
Thu May 9 00:50:50 UTC 2019

Keith,

I just had a chance to test out your configuration.  I happen to have all the hardware on hand.

RPi 3 Model B with DMK URIxB connected to an Alinco DR-135 radio set for 9600 baud packet. (Discriminator Audio)

I was able to set the audio levels and CTCSS levels without any issues. I used a service monitor to do so.

Receive and transmit audio sounded fine.

CTCSS decode/encode on the radio also seems to work using the USBradio channel driver.

DSP squelch works well.

I ran several tests using 100.0 Hz for CTCSS decode on the receiver.

There may be one slight issue, but if you are running simplex node at home, it may not really be an issue, just something for you to be aware of.

Here are my findings:

88.5Hz = NO decode falsing

91.5Hz = decode falsing

94.8Hz = decode falsing