[App_rpt-users] Need some Ground Up Information

Jeffrey Reid N6TDG at mail.com
Tue Sep 24 08:54:31 UTC 2019

Hello All,

I have one of Mark’s micro-node’s to connect to Allstar and have a node number through Allmon, (490470.)  Recently, I purchased a raspberry pi4 and want to create  another node, (490471,) to do simplex on 220 around our neck of the woods.  I have no real technical/programming prowess, (heck I am an old man that uses a MacBook!),  so I am looking for a step by step instruction manual on exactly what to do now.  I am able enough to snap together the Pi4, so I have that going for me, but the next step of imaging the software on a blank card, etc is the next step.  The first question I would have is…does the micro card need to have a program installed such as linux, etc, before doing anything else first?

Thanks in advance for all the help.  I recently became aware of the app_rpt versus HamVoip kerfuffle and wish to stick with the original for some  of the obvious reasons.

I will be coming back over and over for some really simple questions that probably have obvious answers. Thanks for bearing with me.

Regards,
Jeffrey N6TDG