[App_rpt-users] Need some Ground Up Information

Jeffrey Reid N6TDG at mail.com
Tue Sep 24 22:57:52 UTC 2019

Thanks Marshall, that was what I was wondering.    I will have to order a small screen as well as keyboard.  I do have to do some configuring with the program, such as adding node number, the wifi number/passcode, etc. as well as other parameters.  The next two questions are…

1)  Does the Pi4 machine have to be connected to ethernet for the first configuration.  I imagine that for the first time it would.

2)  Does the current program work with Pi4?

So, just to get it all straight in my feeble brain.  Download the program image it onto an sd card.  Simple enough.  I have a Windows box to do just that.  Insert the card into the Pi4 box and wait for it to do its thing.

Now I would suppose that if I have a screen attached to the Pi unit, (as well as keyboard,) then a page should pop up with prompts for me to fill in for my particular node’s configuration.

After that is all done.  I plug the Pi into the RIM Lite I got from Repeater-Builder, plug the whole shebang into a newly acquired Alinco 235 radio and Voila!  I should have a simplex allstar node for fellow amateurs in the area to enjoy.

Now a more interesting question is this….

Can I program the node to connect to say the Alaskan Morning Net, the Winsytem, the Manchester Hub, etc at different times during the day or week.  Lets say we start Monday through Friday with the Alaskan Morning Net and afterwards the node connects to the Winsystem through the Insomniac Net and then transfers over to the Manchester Hub, rinse and repeat everyday…  is that possible?

Again, thanks for everyone’s help.

Regards,

Jeffrey  N6TDG