[App_rpt-users] VPN to forward ports

Marty martye at usham.org
Wed Apr 8 12:26:20 UTC 2020

*I have been using an AT&T Hotspot for my internet for my allstar node.
The Hotspot that has a section to forward ports but does not seem to
work and acts like they are still being blocked even though I port
forward the correct ports to and from the static ip i used I also used
the DMZ to that static IP. It is as if my public IP is virtual and not
going back to my ip or they are blocking viop ports. So I've been trying
to find a way to use a VPN service would help with something like this?
The Hotspot does have a section for APN setting but don't know how to
use that, that's if that could help anyway. **I can only connect to
other nodes, I can not receive connections from outside. Even Echolink
is not working either. I have no outside access to my public IP. * *Use
to work on a regular broadband connection or is there another way around
the issue I'm having with the AT&T Hotspot or is this the nature of
hotspots? * *73, Marty KD4HLV 28523*