[App_rpt-users] History of "ASL Registration Code"

Stacy kg7qin at arrl.net
Sun Apr 25 18:36:25 UTC 2021

On 4/24/21 9:10 AM, Steve Jason via App_rpt-users wrote:
> Stacy,
>
> I have heard contradictory stories about who came up with the new
> registration server idea but the bottom line is no one but you cares.
> I can't tell you how many ideas I have come up with and either didn't
> implement them because I didn't have the time, the money, or the
> skills to actually see the project through to the end. I am not sure
> why you are trying to take away from Rob and Adam's thunder. The new
> registration server has been up now for almost 5 months and has an
> almost 100% uptime. The older system wasn't even close.   Even Hamvoip
> stopped complaining about the allstarlink registration server not
> working properly once the new one was implemented.
> I am hearing no criticism about the new system or frankly the board of
> Allstarlink from anyone but you all.

Steve,

Unlike the other stories, I do have the evidence to back up this claim.
And I would disagree about nobody caring, I've seen three replies
regarding this -- two to the list and one directly to me, that means
someone cares.

> I know you have hurt feelings toward the board of directors of
> Allstarlink, you never got along with them, and didn't see eye to eye
> but it is time to just move on.  Without choosing sides, sometimes
> certain people just don't have compatible personalities.
>
> You all have been publicly criticizing the board of directors for a
> long time.  It is no secret that you haven't agreed with them and also
> don't respect them.  I know you were upset when they implemented
> Community versus mailman.  You started it up again after they switched
> to Community. The very fact that Community is really active and we can
> go months before seeing a post on the mailing list shows that the
> users like Community better.  Your actions were undermining the
> board.  It should have been no surprise to you when they cutover to
> the new registration server behind your back.
>
> Whether you want to admit it or not, you retaliating by deleting the
> Github, setting up PTTlink after you new full well the new
> registration server was stable, attempting to switch Jim Dixon's
> callsign away from Allstarlink with the FCC, not giving back control
> over Jim Dixon's Class C Ip addresses and keeping it for your
> PTTlink network,  sending out emails to all the Allstarlink volunteers
> saying that they have been fired and you are somehow the new board,
> shows that they made the correct decision by not telling you in advance.
>
> At this point, I really don't know what you are fighting for. Are you
> just fighting now because your feelings were hurt? From my standpoint,
> the board of directors have done a good job. Under their governance,
>  Allstarlink Inc was granted 5013c status, they were able to secure
> the rights to Allstarlink from Jim Dixon's heir to them, they
> implemented a new registration server that is stable, there has been a
> 15% growth in Allstarlink in the last quarter, and they released the
> first new client in years.
>
> I am sorry for you that it ended this way but it really is time for
> you to just move on.

There is obviously more to all of this than what is being spun, and I
will leave it at that.

-Stacy