[App_rpt-users] History of "ASL Registration Code"

Steve Jason sj38200d at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 16:10:09 UTC 2021

Stacy,

I have heard contradictory stories about who came up with the new
registration server idea but the bottom line is no one but you cares. I
can't tell you how many ideas I have come up with and either didn't
implement them because I didn't have the time, the money, or the skills to
actually see the project through to the end. I am not sure why you are
trying to take away from Rob and Adam's thunder. The new registration
server has been up now for almost 5 months and has an almost 100% uptime.
The older system wasn't even close.   Even Hamvoip stopped complaining
about the allstarlink registration server not working properly once the new
one was implemented.
I am hearing no criticism about the new system or frankly the board of
Allstarlink from anyone but you all.

I know you have hurt feelings toward the board of directors of Allstarlink,
you never got along with them, and didn't see eye to eye but it is time to
just move on.  Without choosing sides, sometimes certain people just don't
have compatible personalities.

You all have been publicly criticizing the board of directors for a long
time.  It is no secret that you haven't agreed with them and also don't
respect them.  I know you were upset when they implemented Community versus
mailman.  You started it up again after they switched to Community. The
very fact that Community is really active and we can go months before
seeing a post on the mailing list shows that the users like Community
better.  Your actions were undermining the board.  It should have been no
surprise to you when they cutover to the new registration server behind
your back.

Whether you want to admit it or not, you retaliating by deleting the
Github, setting up PTTlink after you new full well the new registration
server was stable, attempting to switch Jim Dixon's callsign away from
Allstarlink with the FCC, not giving back control over Jim Dixon's Class C
Ip addresses and keeping it for your PTTlink network,  sending out emails
to all the Allstarlink volunteers saying that they have been fired and you
are somehow the new board, shows that they made the correct decision by not
telling you in advance.

At this point, I really don't know what you are fighting for. Are you just
fighting now because your feelings were hurt? From my standpoint, the board
of directors have done a good job. Under their governance,  Allstarlink Inc
was granted 5013c status, they were able to secure the rights to
Allstarlink from Jim Dixon's heir to them, they implemented a new
registration server that is stable, there has been a 15% growth in
Allstarlink in the last quarter, and they released the first new client in
years.

I am sorry for you that it ended this way but it really is time for you to
just move on.