[App_rpt-users] hOW do i switch to pttlink???

Stacy kg7qin at arrl.net
Wed Feb 10 06:52:57 UTC 2021

On 2/9/21 3:31 AM, darrell harden via App_rpt-users wrote:
> what is pttlink??? why do i have to switch my node
>
> allstar works fine for me what is the reason
>
> blessings and good fortune,
> darrell

Darrell,

You can visit the PTTLink portal at:

https://www.pttlink.org

Your user data would have been scrubbed from the database if you didn't
login before 3 February.

If that is the case then you will need to submit a new user request, and
once validated submit a ticket to helpdesk at pttlink.org requesting what
node numbers you have/had assigned on AllStarLink that you'd like to
have restored.

A verification will be made and if successful, the node numbers will be
assigned to your account for configuration and use.  The helpdesk will
reply back with the status of your request.

Once the nodes are restored, you will need to update your
/etc/asterisk/iax.conf file and edit the register lines to point to
register.pttink.org instead of register.allstarlink.org.

Also, in your /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf file, you will need to update the
statspost_url to:

statpost_url=http://stats.pttlink.org/uhandler.php

Then you will be able to see your nodes on http://stats.pttlink.org

An easier way to do a mass update of all the  files that you will need
to change is by running the following commands.  They will update
everything from allstarlink.org to pttlink.org.

You will need to login to each of your nodes and run these commands
one-by-one to make the change.

sudo sed -i 's/allstarlink.org/pttlink.org/g' /usr/local/bin/rc.updatenodelist

sudo sed -i 's/allstarlink.org/pttlink.org/g' /usr/local/bin/NodeNameUpdate.sh

sudo sed -i 's/allstarlink.org/pttlink.org/g' /usr/local/bin/NodeUpdate.sh

sudo sed -i 's/allstarlink.org/pttlink.org/g' /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf

sudo sed -i 's/allstarlink.org/pttlink.org/g' /etc/asterisk/iax.conf

sudo sed -i 's/allstarlink.org/pttlink.org/g' /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf

sudo service asterisk restart

And optionally reboot:
sudo reboot

If you run into any issues feel free to post them here or send a request
to the helpdesk at helpdesk at pttlink.org.

Thank you

73,

Stacy