[App_rpt-users] Letter to the community

PeteM petem002 at protonmail.com
Mon Jan 4 17:24:50 UTC 2021

Stacy and the pttlink team,
Thank you for posting this letter. It is quite a bit ti digest but it gives us an idea of what happened and what is going on.

Now before VE2PF decides to troll or brigade me as he has clearly done to you guys and others I have a few questions regarding this. These questions are directed at Stacy and the rest of the hams who signed the letter.

You point to the AllStarLink Wiki and a page for the Admin committee as evidence of your legitimacy regarding what you have and continue to do. What sort of agreements were in place with the donors of the VMs used by what is now the pttlink network? Was there any SLA or agreement in writing with the ASL board regarding handling of data or systems?? Was there anything procedure or policy in place that covered what happens when systems are migrated? Anything covering disposition of data?

Can you elaborate on specifically what the ASL board has done for item II, III and IV of your letter? Give some details or evidence of what you are saying has happened?

Why did you choose to do the opt in for users? Why not just flush the data and start over? I think you guys are trying to do the right thing here and show you intend to be good stewards of the data. It is too bad a certain person has decided to troll your efforts and cause problems. I'm guessing he hasn't requested his data be removed yet?

I also applaud you on your team's pledge. Ham radio is known for its gatekeepers, people who don't like change, bad tempered people as shown here, etc. I think this community really needs to clean up its image as a whole and show that the kind of behavior from people like VE2PF has demonstrated won't be tolerated. If you can't have civil discourse then just go away. Nobody is forcing you to use any of these systems or lists. How will you handle the inevitable moderation that will need to be to these types of people? #6 of your pledge states that you will not revoke someone's access without notice or giving them an opportunity to challenge it. Can you elaborate on this?