[App_rpt-users] Netiquette

pttlink pttlink at protonmail.com
Thu Jan 7 02:54:03 UTC 2021

> The app_rpt-users mailing list is for the benefit of the ham radio community and all members are
> required to adhere to the usage guidelines at http://lists.keekles.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users.
>
> The recent discussions on this list are not in the spirit of the guidelines for operational and
> technical content discussion. The repeated cross posting of publicly available statements from
> other organizations, spamming, harassment, and the back and forth mudslinging are not the type of
> lively discission this list is meant for.
>
> Users who continue to engage in such action may have their posts placed under moderation for
> review pending release or banned.
>
> If you feel this message is in error, please reach out to helpdesk at pttlink.org
> <mailto:helpdesk at pttlink.org> to discuss.
>
> Respectfully,
> PTTLink Admin Team
>
> App_rpt-users mailing list
> App_rpt-users at lists.keekles.org

> Unsubscribe posts to the list will result in public shaming.

It's not shameful to request un-subscription via email.  I believe the FCC's CAN-SPAM regulations support this method for any systems that send automated messages, solicited or not.  The method referenced in the previous post would allow the list admins to see the sender's ip address and further harass them.

As for the mudslinging and cross posting of publicly available statements, the list administrators have been party to the same behavior.