[App_rpt-users] Netiquette

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Thu Jan 7 03:21:35 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 6:55 PM pttlink via App_rpt-users <
app_rpt-users at lists.keekles.org> wrote:

> > To unsubscribe from this list please visit
> http://lists.keekles.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
> > Unsubscribe posts to the list will result in public shaming.
>

> It's not shameful to request un-subscription via email.  I believe the
> FCC's CAN-SPAM regulations support this method for any systems that send
> automated messages, solicited or not.  The method referenced in the
> and further harass them.

Sounds like you're a bit confused. The list instructions are, I assume,
tongue-in-cheek referring to those who send a message to the entire mailing
list about their desire to unsubscribe rather than sending it to the
administrative address. The headers of every message sent by this list have
more complete instructions. A good MUA (email program) will even give you a
button to exercise these options:

  <mailto:app_rpt-users-request at lists.keekles.org?subject=subscribe>

To break it down even more: a message to
app_rpt-users-request at lists.keekles.org (not the primary list address) with
a subject containing your intent ("subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "help")
will perform the desired action with only an email. Of course you can also
follow the link in the footer if you want to do it from a browser.

Tom KD7LXL