[App_rpt-users] Netiquette

Joe Leikhim rhyolite at leikhim.com
Thu Jan 7 04:28:56 UTC 2021

Well, I am out. Bye Bye;

This tech used to interest me greatly but it is apparently on round 4 of
yet another political meltdown. Putting all my efforts into GMRS where
the folks are a bit, lets say; normal.

Jim Dixon must be rolling in his grave.

Publicly shame me if you wish. I am taking the high road out.

On 1/6/2021 10:21 PM, Tom Hayward wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 6:55 PM pttlink via App_rpt-users
> <app_rpt-users at lists.keekles.org
> <mailto:app_rpt-users at lists.keekles.org>> wrote:
>
>     > To unsubscribe from this list please visit
>     http://lists.keekles.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>     > Unsubscribe posts to the list will result in public shaming.
>

>     It's not shameful to request un-subscription via email.  I believe
>     the FCC's CAN-SPAM regulations support this method for any systems
>     that send automated messages, solicited or not.  The method
>     referenced in the previous post would allow the list admins to see
>     the sender's ip address and further harass them.
>

> Sounds like you're a bit confused. The list instructions are, I
> assume, tongue-in-cheek referring to those who send a message to the
> entire mailing list about their desire to unsubscribe rather than
> sending it to the administrative address. The headers of every message
> sent by this list have more complete instructions. A good MUA (email
> program) will even give you a button to exercise these options:

> <http://lists.keekles.org/cgi-bin/mailman/options/app_rpt-users>,
>   <mailto:app_rpt-users-request at lists.keekles.org
>   <mailto:app_rpt-users-request at lists.keekles.org
> <mailto:app_rpt-users-request at lists.keekles.org>?subject=subscribe>
>
> To break it down even more: a message to
> app_rpt-users-request at lists.keekles.org
> <mailto:app_rpt-users-request at lists.keekles.org> (not the primary list
> address) with a subject containing your intent ("subscribe",
> "unsubscribe", or "help") will perform the desired action with only an
> email. Of course you can also follow the link in the footer if you
> want to do it from a browser.
>
> Tom KD7LXL

Joe Leikhim

Leikhim and Associates