[FRC] Mysql

Jon Pearl - W4ABC jonpearl at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Oct 7 23:30:13 EDT 2016

Hi Byron,

Fantastic work!

I've got Mysql loaded in my shack computer to manage my logbook and
you're right... a relational database beats the heck out of hunting and
picking through a static .pdf file, any day.  There are a lot of old
entries in this file that could be culled but as you say, if this
database was the product of real-time information, it would speed up the
search process for amateurs hunting pairs.

73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC

www.w4abc.com

On 10/7/2016 7:11 PM, Byron Felts wrote:
> I threw up a site at http://tools.byronservers.com/sites/, which
> queries the same mysql database dump from the recent Reddit posting
> (the latter of which isn't my handywork, I'm just a fan of mysql thanks).
>
> It's not displaying the contact info, coordination status or lat/long
> coordinates of sites, but does have breakdowns by band type, output
> freq, callsign, district/city/county names. I've found it more useful
> than the assortment of stale PDF files from the actual (or is it
> former now?) FRC site.  I wish it was reporting off live data, oh well.

---