[FSG-public] Some news

Bryan Fields bryan at flscg.org
Wed Jul 15 21:00:05 EDT 2015

On 7/15/15 8:35 PM, Jerry DeLong wrote:
> Bryan,
>
> Are the business repeaters UHF also?
>
> What are the models?

They are all Motorola Quantar units.  They support analog FM wide band and
narrow band, P25 (and Astro too).  Importantly they include a 4 mhz wide
preselector, and the transmitter has a built in ferrite isolator/circulator.
This is very important as I'm sure an antenna terminated into a wattmeter will
show at least a couple watts or more just based on all the other crud in that
area.

Everything is part 90 certified so in the event we need to swap parts to get
something fixed we can.  It's not just some spare parts we hacked up, they are
continuous duty public safety units that were $15k each when new.

The antennas will be DB-408 for the commercial users, and DB-420 for ham.
These are 6dBd gain and 9dBd respectively. The DB antennas are DC ground and
basically function as lightning rods protecting the electronics.
--
Bryan Fields, W9CR
Florida Simulcast Group, Inc.