[FSG-public] Tampa Update

Bryan Fields bryan at flscg.org
Sat Jul 9 20:24:10 EDT 2016

We had a work day today; starting before dawn at the site.
Matt, and I were assisted by Jerry, KD4YAL and Ryan, KJ4SHL.  I can't express
how awesome it was to have their help.  We got onsite at 6:30 and had the
outside work done by 10:30.

Matt got a DStar repeater up on 443.425, using the main 440 repeater antenna
as a receive and another as a transmit.  This will also work in analog wide
band mode with a 141.3 PL tone.  We have an extra run of 7/8 cable to roof if
we need in the future.  We got it grounded/terminated as well.

The HamWAN IP Data radios and antennas are installed and reachable over the IP
space.  I need to configure the radios to get them working but we have
management.  We grounded all the Cat5 cables at both the top of the "birdcage"
and the entrance into the shelter.  There is a POE rater surge suppressor
inside the shelter on wall for each run, and we have 3 extra ones as well.
Hopefully this will protect the switch from anything.

I don't have any pictures, but I believe Matt does.

I'll get the radios configured later if I'm feeling up to it.  I think we're
all worn out from today.

Thanks guys,
--
Bryan Fields, W9CR